Thursday

Production Practice (Its Liverpool)

The next project that we were given in our Production Practice lecture was called 'Its Liverpool'. This was a project where we had to create a short film explaining what Liverpool is all about so that it would attract more people to come and visit the city itself. We had to explain Liverpool using only one part of it, whilst thinking of ideas in our new groups, we decided to base our film on 'Bold Street' and use one character during the film. The reason behind us choosing this idea was because bold street is a famous street in Liverpool ranging from restaurants to vintage stores and clothes stores etc. We wanted to express many different types of cultures of Liverpool from using this street and the different types of food that the restaurants have to offer such as Chinese, Indian, American etc...
This project was done at a fast pace for me and my group because we were looking to move straight into the third project just weeks after It's Liverpool had been assigned. Every spare time of the weeks that we had were spent filming on Bold Street for this project. I am very pleased with how it all turned out, it expresses a lot of types of techniques used within the film such as split screen, fading, time lapse etc.. All to help make bold street a main tourist attraction to visit. The time lapse did take a whole afternoon to film, as we left the camera running for a full hour showing Bold Street. I was very pleased with how it all turned out, although it was very cold. I did manage to take photographs of the day that we went filming, luckily I put them on my facebook as they were on my old phone before it was stolen!


After all the filming and editing was complete, after many days spent day and night on bold street. The film was finally complete! I have posted a link below showing just how it turned out, I hope you enjoy it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=iLBOhWE3cmU

No comments:

Post a Comment