Wednesday

Wikipedia Assignment 1..

During our contemporary media issues lessons, we started to look at media articles and asked to bring in a media article that we found that interested us. As I am a huge fan of the television show "F.R.I.E.N.D.S", I thought it would be a good idea to bring in an article relating to this topic. I recently heard a rumor that F.R.I.E.N.D.S were planning to create a comeback film which I was very excited about. I started to research into this more and found an article relating to it on the daily mail. The link to the article is shown below..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1216441/Friends-reunited-Stars-hit-TV-sitcom-make-movie-version.html

Once this task was complete, we started looking at creating Wikipedia pages relating to many different topics. We were split into groups and were each given a topic to create a Wikipedia page on. Our topic was a book called "The Medium Is The Massage" and our task was to 'Discuss why the authors have used the word massage rather than message which McLuhan used in his earlier book 'understanding media'. We started to create Prezi's relating to Marshall McLuhan's past and giving our own opinions of what we thought of the book, as well as answering the question in our own individual way. I found this assignment very interesting and was happy that I was creating my own Wikipedia to a particular topic. The link to our Wikipedia page is given below..
http://contemporarymediaissues.wetpaint.com/page/Marshall+McLuhan+-+The+Medium+is+the+Massage

This is a copy of the Prezi that one of the group members created on Marshall McLuhan relating to his past.
http://prezi.com/zdmqfe4liw-w/marshall-mcluhan-his-background/

No comments:

Post a Comment