Sunday

Lego Serious Play!

When I first heard about this lesson, I thought "what? a whole 3 hour lecture spent playing with lego?! how is this really going to help me?" but after actually attending the lecture, it was amazing how much I actually found out about my self and other people on my course. It helped me to understand better the different roles and individuals that you need to become a successful team. I discovered in this lecture that I am a listener in a team and understand and collaborate on what other team members are saying with there ideas. This was done through using Lego. For our first task in this lecture, we had to complete a random tower and we were not aloud to think about what we were making, we just had to make it. My tower turned out symmetrical which I can understand because I do like to be organized and keep everything tidy when I can. Lego Serious Play is a creative way to help the brain think easier and is a way to express yourself through playing and modelling. It is a brilliant technique for creative thinkers and definitely helped me to understand other people's way of thinking a lot more. After this task, we were then asked to build a tower explaining a skill that we felt we brought to a team ourselves. My tower was based on listening and understanding other people's point of views. My tower explains me a lot more then I thought it would and I would like to become more of a team leader in the future and be the person that people can look up to but in order to do that, one skill that you must have to do this is listening. Lego serious play was a lot of fun and I did enjoy myself and even though I did learn a lot about myself and others, I do still wonder why we would need this skill in the future and feel I need to explore more reasons behind why it is used around businesses. Although I did enjoy myself a lot, who couldn't playing with Lego for 3 hours?!

No comments:

Post a Comment