Thursday

Character Identity

During one of our projects for Contemporary Media Issues. We discussed the different ways in which we can express ourselves using the internet. I suppose it is a way of being stereotypical in my point of view and having the power to judge different people on the way they look and what they do. Ways in which this can be portrayed are sites such as Facebook and Twitter. We were asked to design a character using these websites and update them regularly and come up with different ideas on how you can express different people judging on where they are from and what they are like. The character I chose to create was a girl called 'Isabella Roswerth'. I have print screened a picture of her facebook below to give you a better idea.
My character is a person who can connect with nature and understands the danger that animals can be in, she is free spirited and just loves to care for animals. Isabella is a very clever person and enjoys spending most of her days fighting for animal rights, shopping with friends or hanging out at the beach. I struggled to enjoy this task a little bit as I didn't feel right pretending to be somebody i'm not. It made me understand just how easy it can be to forge being somebody else using the internet. Which scared me a little bit but also gave me a better understanding of what it would be like to live as a completely different person and a different personality. That part I did enjoy quite a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment